Friday, April 10, 2009

Appreciating my good fortune

One of my friends lost her 4-1/2 year old son this week. He had a rare genetic disorder and had a host of medical and developmental issues. She and her husband were great parents, though, and their lives revolved around caring for this poor kid. I can hardly imagine what they have gone through and what they are going through now.

John said today was the first time he had been to a funeral for someone under 60. It was my second experience of a friend losing a child, and I hope I never have another one. What a horrible thing!

It really makes you appreciate what you have. I have two such happy, healthy, beautiful, practically perfect children!







If I were religious I would say I was blessed. I believe I'm just lucky. And so glad to be...